Thursday, February 12, 2009

Constructing heat.











I finished my first real knitting project that I've done as a gift for myself, a magnificent pair of long gauntlets, or bumgloves as I have lovingly deemed them. I tried to do them off of a pattern, but found myself getting bored to the point of frogging with it, so I went my own way, and found that they look superb, in my own humble opinion. Made with Cascade 220 wool.
Making something like these makes me feel really accomplished, I made something out of a strand of yarn that I can wear, that will keep me warm, that other people admire. It's an extremely pleasant feeling, one that I haven't often felt.
I'm working on a second pair, in a different pattern I wrote up, for a friend of mine. The yarn is an electric purple that she picked out, for a scarf, but I know she'll like these more. My mother even wants a pair now.








1 comment:

  1. Terrific job on your gauntlets! It's grand when someone pays you compliments on your work,isn't it? Oh and thanks for visiting my blog. It was great that you stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete